The Sketchiest Diving Experience Ever
When I look back on my "diving" trip in Thailand, I come to the conclusion that I will never do something
like that ever again. You will see why I put diving in quotation marks.
like that ever again. You will see why I put diving in quotation marks.
In 1014, I went on a trip to Thailand with my family. Instead of exploring the country by ourselves, like
we normally would, we decided to take our first ever tour. We got to experience a lot of different things
like eating tiger and crocodile, going to an indoor amusement park, and going to traditional night market.
However, out of all of those things, the thing that stuck out the most to me was our trip to the beach.
we normally would, we decided to take our first ever tour. We got to experience a lot of different things
like eating tiger and crocodile, going to an indoor amusement park, and going to traditional night market.
However, out of all of those things, the thing that stuck out the most to me was our trip to the beach.
I loved the ocean. After my trip to Hawaii, I was captivated by the wildlife and would do anything to see it
again. So when the tour guide announced that we were going to participate in a short diving session off
the coast, I could not be more excited. OUr family and many others went onto a boat and sailed out to
sea. After putting on a wetsuit, I began wondering where the diving equipment was. I did not see any
tanks or any of those scuba masks you see on TV shows. Then I realized what was happening. We were
given large round helmets connected to the boat through a pipe that would push all the air out. This
helmet looked old and rusty and very unsafe to wear. But, with my want to see more of the ocean, I went
anyway.
again. So when the tour guide announced that we were going to participate in a short diving session off
the coast, I could not be more excited. OUr family and many others went onto a boat and sailed out to
sea. After putting on a wetsuit, I began wondering where the diving equipment was. I did not see any
tanks or any of those scuba masks you see on TV shows. Then I realized what was happening. We were
given large round helmets connected to the boat through a pipe that would push all the air out. This
helmet looked old and rusty and very unsafe to wear. But, with my want to see more of the ocean, I went
anyway.
During the dive, we followed an instructor walking around on the see floor. It was surprisingly nice, with a
large amount of wildlife and many types of fish I have never seen before. We saw large red corals and
large schools of fish that swam above us. At one point the instructor came over and gave me a bag with
a fish inside it. I would release this fish back into the wild once I reached the surface.
large amount of wildlife and many types of fish I have never seen before. We saw large red corals and
large schools of fish that swam above us. At one point the instructor came over and gave me a bag with
a fish inside it. I would release this fish back into the wild once I reached the surface.
Honestly, I think that if I had been in actual diving gear, I would have enjoyed it. The water was pretty clear and there was every kind of fish that you could think of. But tip for the future, make sure you always plan your own diving trips.
Comments
Post a Comment